The Project Management Institute’s PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is the industry-leading standard for verifying a project manager’s ability to successfully shepherd projects from beginning to end. This course will prepare you to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close a project using project quality standards as laid out in the fourth edition of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). This series of courses will address all the objectives needed to pass the updated Project Management Professional Certification 2011.
This course provides a detailed examination of project management concepts and strategies. It discusses the seven components of a management system and the five phases of the project life cycle, and looks at factors that affect cost and quality. The project manager's role is explored in detail, and strategies for defining the project are examined. Tasks such as developing the Work Breakdown Structure, estimating and scheduling resources, scheduling computations, and tracking project activities are discussed. The close-out phase of a project is also covered. Other topics include formalising project management standards, developing a project team, strategies for becoming a more effective project manager and is helpful in preparing you for the Project Management Institute project management certification.
This course is designed to assist project managers in understanding how to fit agile methodologies into an overall strategy that provides the right balance of control and agility. Doing that effectively requires analysis and planning. These courses focus on the principles behind agile approaches in order to see how to develop an appropriate strategy for integrating agile practices into the way they do business.
This course is aimed at project managers and is designed to teach you the do's and don'ts of managing successful projects using the PRINCE2 method, currently the worlds most popular project management framework, giving you the skills to feel confident in managing projects successfully within the workforce. Using PRINCE2 in your projects will give you common systems, procedures and language. It provides you with greater control of resources, and the ability to manage business and project risk more effectively.
Why implement PRINCE2 in your organisation?
PRINCE2 is the international standard for project management. It started as a UK Government method for managing I.T projects and its tools and techniques are now used world wide for projects in a wide range of industries, it embodies many years of best practice in project management and provides a flexible and adaptable approach to suit all projects.
Here are the topics covered in this course:
- - (OV) Overview, Principles and Tailoring PRINCE2 to the project environment
- - (BC) Business Case theme
- - (OR) Organisation theme
- - (QU) Quality theme
- - (PL) Plans theme
- - (RK) Risk theme
- - (CH) Change theme
- - (PG) Progress theme
- - (SU) Starting up a Project process and (DP) Directing a Project process
- - Initiating a Project (IP) process and Controlling a Stage (CS) Process
- - Managing Product Delivery (MP) Process and Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) Process
- - Closing a Project (CP) Process
The course uses engaging activity screens, questions and assessments in conjunction with videos and animations which set the scene for fun, interactive learning. Students will work through real-world management challenges and will learn how to overcome them. Authentic screenshots, interactive activities and videos feature throughout. The training is delivered through a secure, privacy controlled application, so you can jump in and out of any course whenever you sign in.
- • Gain access to NUS Student Discount Card. Exclusive student discounts with Apple stores,
ASOS, Co-op food, Amazon, Microsoft softwares, Cineworld, Odeon, EasyJet, Matalan,
Superdrug, The AA, National Express, Three Mobile, Riley's, Domino's, Pizza Hut,
McDonalds, the list goes on!
- • 1 on 1 Tutor Support available throughout your entire training;
- • Freephone Support;
- • Comprehensive and Fun Interactive Learning with Videos, Simulations, Exercises, Text, Audio
and our Tutors;
- • Certificate on completion and passing the course;
- • Access to constantly updated content;
- • Practice Tests, Questions and Answers;
- • No additional software needed;
- • Flexible learning over PCs, MACs, Tablets and Hand-Held/Mobile Devices